Thursday, January 13, 2011

paling in comparison

We settled the children to bed, or the little ones anyway to start, and I snuck away to the Library, our Library *snicker* to write my blog. 

As I usually do I check my emails, have a look at Facebook, chat a bit on twitter, look at some other sites - read some blogs while I gather my thoughts on what I should write.
Tonight someone was, and it's really no surprise it came up really, talking about the Queensland flooding.  So I toddled off to check out what was happening there - I had missed the news. 

Looking at the footage, I kinda felt like anything I had to ramble about was kinda insignificant. Not important. Frivolous even.

I feel helpless, speechless. I can only imagine the hellish nightmare that people there are living this week. and the struggle to regain their normality of life, whenever the water finally recedes. One guy was talking about it being "of biblical proportions" and that really sums it up doesn't it?


If you haven't seen what is going on there (and I'm not going to pretend I understand what caused it, I'll admit I'm selfishly wrapped up in my own life and only watching like any other train wreck obsessed voyeur. Sad as that makes me)  It's epic flooding, with the end of the wet season no where in sight.  I've been keeping up to date here but I'm sure there are other places you can look too.


All I can say is please consider donating to help them out again I'm sure there are other places where you can donate too. 


Mind you scrolling thru the news there are mudslides in Brazil , it's been a year since the huge earthquake in Haiti and they are still no where near picking up all the pieces, in the Sudan they are trying to start a Democratic country and not back slide into war,  people are grieving in Arizona....that's just the headlines.   I mention the Queensland flooding coz it's in my neck of the woods.  


People need help all over.  My ramblings pale in comparison.  

Take care of you & yours.  Have a thought for your neighbour too.  :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment