Saturday, January 22, 2011

ewps was that a day just flew past?

So, *ahem*  I have missed a few days. and this seems to be happening a lot lately, I can't seem to find time. 

I have decided that there are not enough hours in the day. If someone could fix that for me, that'd be great. Cool. Thanks!

I'm trying to convince Captain Awesome that we need a flagpole at our place. That it's not a waste of money. We could fly a Jedi Flag one week, a Sith one the next week (do these even exist? I'm sure they do - help me out here G33ks!) We could totally have a Pirate flag up there! Or a T-Rex one! It would be Rockin'!!  Wouldn't it be totally cool? or is it just me?  

pfffft. whizzes on you guys! I still want a flag pole for our house. 

We had a bit of an exciting week this week. We went to the park.

Wait, wait, wait. That's not the exciting bit! The kids went on the flying fox, this in itself wasn't the moment of momentousness - that happened when Dude and Padawan decided that the bump at the end wasn't to their liking so they would climb off the flying fox before it hit the end. Yes you're getting the pic right, they were dismounting midflight.

Anyone else see how this could potentially be a problem?! oh good, so I wasn't overreacting when I told them it wasn't a good idea. 

Anyways, they learnt the lesson Pretty Damn Quick when Dude fucked up the landing on his Layout Dismount.  Yeah, so he was almost off, dangling by his hands when it hit the tyres at the end so he lost grip and flew thru a beautiful arc feet heading straight up into the sky, then gravity kicked in and he crumpled to the ground in a heap. 

Not cool. So not cool.

Needless to say I'm thankful the Monkey had finished feeding and everything was tucked away as I sped (and I DON'T run. normally.) down the length of the fox to gather him up and check him out.  I also may have sworn rather loudly. Words that I don't normally say. 


I think we can all agree it's the kinda swearing that is forgiveable. When your beloved baby (even when they aren't so little anymore) is lying in a crumpled heap after flying thru the air. 


He got up by himself, I felt him up and asked him to move somethings around. Checked for tingling, stiffness, numbness, pain. Then gave him HUGE gentle hugs and told him I Love You. Don't do that shit it scares the crap outta me! Next time PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN when I tell you to stop it. I Love you. 


Or things along those lines. 


We left the park soon after. 

Dude was mostly ok, so we didn't rush off to the docs. In fact my awesome friend took the older 3 back to her place for the afternoon.  Later on I got  a call that Dude had a headache and wanted me, so I decided to take him to the docs, just be sure, in case I missed something important.  It was interesting. It's awesome when you have a good doc, a nice one. He was impressed with the things I had thought to check out. (It's not like this is my first rodeo tho...) then he did a more thorough neural obs check - now I'll know what to do when the next kid lands on his head spectacularly. Awesome. Tuck that bit of knowledge away.

Diagnosis of Dude: mild concussion. Wake him every hour over night make sure he's responding as normal. May be grumpy or irritable. Youthink?  Ah, and thanks, my husband has work tomorrow I have 6 kids. This should be fun.  *eye roll*  Thankfully it wasn't too bad. Monkey only woke once in the night, and it coincided with check on our Dude, and also coz he was responding well, we could space out the checks the further into the night we got.


He was certainly perky in the morning for a kid who had a head injury. And the day after that he was up before dawn climbing a hill for Nanna's birthday. It's this thing they do.....climb a hill near the house we grew up in, to watch the sunrise on Nanna's Birthday. Quite a cool way to celebrate it actually.


I'm just grateful I have young'uns still so I don't have to get up.  I hate mornings. :O/
 

1 comment:

  1. Hehe I love the way you write. And with 2 boys I'm sure I'll have plenty to compare notes on in years to come... arrrgh!!!

    ReplyDelete