Friday, July 15, 2011

If You Ever Find Yourself In The Dark & You Can't See

 


 Had to dress a bit more formally today.  Well, as formally as *I* get anyways...



I loved this song first time I heard it anyways, but today it takes on deeper meaning.

And I wanna send it out to a friend who I saw for the first time in about 14 years today. 
At her dad's funeral.  

Not the best reason to catch up. Hopefully before she goes home we will have the chance for a better chat. She is an amazing woman. Well she was when we were growing up. She was a huge part of my formative years and has been in my thoughts often over the years. 

As per usual in situations like this, I find I have no words to express what I'm thinking/feeling. They all seem inane, inadequate, unable to convey the meaning I want to  share.  

Gonna share this song too, coz it always makes me think of this amazing woman - she introduced me to this band in my youth, simply by sharing something that she enjoyed. As with so many memories I have from my youth, she is there - and it always brings a smile to my face. 




 I guess I wanna say thank you. Thank you for being part of my life, part of what has made me who I am today. And today I wish you peace. As you say good bye to your dad, that you have peace, remember him as the awesome man he was. 


And that could never be in doubt, coz he raised you, and you are awesome to me.  *hug*  :O)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment