Friday, July 8, 2011

13 years and counting.....

So romantic! he bought flowers, I put our wedding present sheets on the bed
Slightly sidetracked by a sick Monkey, this post is from 10 (*ahem* due to technical glitch - is now 12) days ago....

In case you hadn't picked up on it, this seems to be a developing theme in my life of late.

And I'm not feeling sorry for myself here. Well, maybe a little. But I'm just laying it out there - I get sidetracked from the things I wanna do by the things I have to deal with.  But, *shrug* meh. I made this bed, I have to sleep in it. 

And for the most part, deep down I don't regret my life. I love my kids, my husband, my choices (most of them - show me someone who never regrets anything and I'll show you a liar in denial!)

So! I wanted to share about our wedding anniversary. We went out for dinner - with only a few hiccups along the way. Like me waiting for him to come home before I got dressed (I had fed the kids and was getting them into bed). And he was waiting in town for me. *facepalm* 

We were only half an hour late for the booking. Not too bad really given I have to drive over half hour from our place to town.  


Another nice moment was when Captain suggested we don't talk about work, or the kids or Playcentre. Coz it's a date. It's us time. 


Huh? um, ok. well then I got nothing. 

I got a new dress......does that count?  and a new necklace (that I had worn already. shhhhhh!!)


so dinner was lovely. We were at Logan Brown. There was never a doubt it would be anything else!  nom nom nom nom 


And Captain was a little adventurous too, not just having the chicken! 


Evening went a little awry when he told me to stop talking coz he was too tired to listen anymore.


Good thing we've been doing this dance for 13 years now, and I know despite his "nice" comments every now and then, that he loves me still.


Also this kinda thing always helps.....
Awwwwwwwww!!  not that it was his idea, but still we'll let him claim credit shall we?  ;O)




Footnote:  for those who heard about Dude hitting his head 2 weeks ago (yeah, and then Ginger Ninja did it a week later. Monkey has been sick, sounding like he was gonna lose his lungs or something nasty, NOW SirTalks has the Pox. Chicken that is. Maybe I do hate my life a little......)  ANYWAYS. my point was, it's healing nicely. Dude's head. 
See ---->  


So that's one good thing from the last two weeks.  *sigh*  :O|







2 comments:

  1. So, do we get a picture of GingerNinja's head in a week, then? ;-]

    Glad to hear you had a good night out, and things are starting to straighten themselves out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Slightly sidetracked by a sick Monkey, this post is from 10 (*ahem* due to technical glitch - is now 12) days ago...." At least you still get around to post! I've just about given up!

    "And I'm not feeling sorry for myself here. Well, maybe a little. But I'm just laying it out there - I get sidetracked from the things I wanna do by the things I have to deal with. But, *shrug* meh. I made this bed, I have to sleep in it. " You actually get around to make your bed! Some days I totally forget.....yeah yeah, I know what you mean. I love that bit about getting sidetracked, well worded, mind if I use it?

    ReplyDelete