Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Playcentre Cupcakes....

So, we had a shared morning on session on Monday to farewell a wee chap off to school. He has been at our centre since before he was born. He is the youngest of 5 siblings, so it was also mum's last session.... After 11 years.

A big deal then. A significant event you could say.

I wanted to make something special. I decided on cupcakes. Not something I make often. In fact I think I've made them once before.

And in true Playcentre style it was a learning experience.  Here's what I learnt....
I learnt that cupcakes are hard to get right. And even harder to ice if they are not made right.
I learnt that the recipe makes more than 24 cupcakes if you want them to come out pretty and dainty like the picture. You can make 24 but expect them to be exploded over the top and all joined together.
I've learnt once again to appreciate the Playcentre ethos "it's the process not the product" they weren't the prettiest most perfect cupcakes in the end but they must have been yummy coz they were all gone!

Most importantly I learnt that it's stupid to get distracted by angry birds star wars for a couple of hours and START baking something I'm unsure I can do well at 930pm on a Sunday night!   :-)

The following are pics of the process and product, this I took to Playcentre and those I decided weren't good enough for other children and fed to my own....    :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment