Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love and all that shit....

So, 530am finds me curled up in bed with Mr Monkey....

In his bed. Coz he just peed in our bed and I didn't fancy sleeping on a towel.

 But as his spindly arms curled round my neck while his legs were tucked into the curve of my fetal position I realised I. Love. My. Life.

I love cuddles with little bodies. And giggles over farts and other such silly things that we laugh about here. I love that these little beings I helped make are so gorgeous, as much as their can be little terrors. I love their ingenius crazy thought patterns. I love that their father has a totally irreverent sense of humour. And I love that I can be at home with them.

I was reflecting earlier yesterday about how here in little ole NZ, Valentines Day is about lovers. But when we watch American tv shows they talk about it being a day for telling EVERYONE you love them - lovers, partners, friends, family, siblings, the whole enchilada. 

And snuggled up with that boney warm body in a single bed this  morning I realised that yes, I have love in my life. And for that I am immensely grateful. 

Even when it drives me nutso!  :OD

No comments:

Post a Comment