Monday, November 24, 2014

This Was The Final Draft.....

Kia ora koutou,

While I am honoured that centres wanted to have a role specifically for me, I am unable and unwilling to take that up a role on Exec at this time.

This is not a decision I have made lightly, I am frankly heartbroken over it. I want Playcentre to be the best that it can be, I know I have knowledge and experience of value to share, I want to be able to pay forward all the support, aroha, manaakitanga and education my family and I have received over the years, but I am not willing to put myself in a position of being stepped on to do it.  I have tried very hard in the last year, yet I have continued to feel my input was dismissed out of hand. I learnt in Playcentre that cooperation is a group effort. I am not going to put myself (and as a result my family) through that stress again.



I am not moving away, not changing my numbers, I will always be at the end of the phone for centre members to contact, to support our whanau.



I know you know that Playcentre is deeply in my heart and I would love to be able to continue to help out at Assn, but clearly there isn't a good fit of position for me with the current situation.

Thank you for all the support and nurture I have been given by Assn members over the last 5 years.

ruth jones



For those who I sent it to via email, it was so you were in the loop of my life.  I dunno how much more I can talk about this......got some more grieving to do I suspect given how I'm feeling right now....


No comments:

Post a Comment